Friday, August 7, 2015

Welcome to Mongolia!

Hello (San Ben Oh) Mongolia!




Me and my travel buddies!


We made it to Mongolia!  So happy to be here!
Going through customs was a treat for sure!  Long lines and all business!   (a little scary) While we were waiting in the customs line, there was a small store that sold cigarettes and alcohol.  I thought the signs were interesting and wonder why we don't post such warning signs in the U.S.




 Our ride from the airport was exciting!  We crammed all four of us in the back seat and two more up front with the driver! What I have learned so far is....red lights don't necessarily mean stop, staying in your lane is optional,  crosswalks are NOT for pedestrian use, and bikes are for zigzagging in and out between large buses.  Also, cramming as many people in a car as possible is tons of fun!

Edelweiss Hotel
This is our "really nice" hotel!  Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for a place to sleep, but it would be nice to have a mattress or at least sheets for my boxspring!


Showering never felt so good!
My "nice" boxspring bed :)
The inside of our hotel

View from my balcony




1 comment:

  1. What a great experience for you! So glad you made it safely! I look forward to reading all of your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete