Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Seems I Have a Thing For Toilets



Seems I have a thing for toilets!  Well maybe I do.  One of the first things I noticed in the Korean Airport was the word "toilet" instead of "restroom".  Then in the airport there were fancy plastic covered seats that I thought were really cool, so I took a picture.  When we went to the country last weekend there was an outhouse with just a hole.  I managed ok but I worried that I might fall in.  One of the staff assured us that it would be a soft landing if we happened to slip and fall. Gross!  We have been to some really nice restaurants where the men and women share the same bathroom.  The stalls are right next to each other which is a little unsettling as you are trying to relax your bladder enough to actually pee; trying not to think about the fact that there is a strange man right next to you listening!  As if that's not awkward enough, try washing your hands at the same sink right after you shared tinkling toilet sounds with each other!  Oh, and don't forget to bring your own tissues with you or you will be doing the drip dry technique! Squatting really isn't that hard.  All in all, honestly, there are some really nice squatting toilets here in Mongolia!
Toilet at National University of Mongolia

Toilet in the country




So YES, I guess I have a thing
for toilets!!!















City Toilet in Ulaanbaatar

Train Toilet






( P.S. The train toilet emptied right onto the tracks below and I had to actually pay to use a toilet in the National Park. )

1 comment:

  1. Isn't squatting the healthiest position to go potty in anyway? :) http://www.squattypotty.com/

    ReplyDelete